THE VINTAGE BAND FESTIVAL is pleased to announce its third Vintage Band Festival will take place in Northfield, Minnesota on August 1-4, 2013. This international music festival is a four-day celebration featuring 30 bands from across the United States and abroad with 100 concerts showcasing a variety of genres, heritage influences and period-style performances.
• Ensembles participating in the Vintage Band Festival 2013 include some exciting international bands, nationally recognized vintage bands, Midwestern vintage ensembles and a number of Minnesota-based brass bands and community bands. For a complete list of the roster and links to individual band websites, visit vintagebandfestival.org.
• Auxiliary events surrounding the festival are: vintage baseball, ballroom-style dance, vaudeville entertainment, Battle of the Bands, Massed Civil War Bands Concert, Lunch Listen & Learn concerts, historical musical instrument exhibit, Sunday music in area churches, and the Early Brass Festival gathering of the Historic Brass Society (New York). All performances are free and open to the public, although financial donations are encouraged. Dress in vintage attire is usual, but not required.
• Events begin at noon each day. There are performances on the hour and every half hour at various venues throughout the city well into the evening. In observation of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, there will be a Battle of the Bands on the banks of the Cannon River.
• The Vintage Band Festival will also be collaborating with the Saturday morning Riverwalk Market Fair. Surrounding communities will also collaborate through satellite VBF performances. Events are scheduled in Dundas, Faribault, Owatonna, Cannon Falls, New Prague, Red Wing, Chatfield, New Ulm, Minneapolis and more.
• Oktetten Ehstedts Eftr (Stockholm Home Guard Band) – Sweden
• Medevi Brunnsorkester (Brass Sextet) – Sweden
• Eine Kleine DorfMusik (Bohemian Band) – Austria
• Original Drachenfelser Musikanten – Germany
• Kentucky Baroque Trumpets – Kentucky
• Hypnotic Brass Ensemble (New Orleans & Delta Style) – Illinois
• Independent Silver Band (19th Century) – Illinois
• Newberry’s Victorian Cornet Band (19th Century) – Maryland
• Dodworth Saxhorn Band (Civil War Era) – Michigan
• Kenny Carr and the Tiger Shout Band – North Carolina
• Lex-Ham Community Band – Minnesota
• Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Cowboy Band (Civil War) – Texas
• 26th North Carolina Regimental Band (Civil War) – Washington DC
• 1st Brigade Band (Civil War) – Wisconsin
• Century Brass Band (Civil War) – Minnesota
• Copper Street Brass Quintet – Minnesota
• North Star Vaudeville Orchestra – Minnesota
• Schell’s Hobo Band – Schnikelfritz – Minnesota
• Sheldon Theatre Brass Band (British Style) – Minnesota
• Dolce Woodwind Quintet – Minnesota
• Ameriikan Poijat (Finnish Brass Band) – Minnesota
• New Prague Area Community Band – Minnesota
• New Ulm Original German Band – Minnesota
• Brass Messengers (Balkan Band) – Minnesota
• Lake Wobegon© Brass Band (British Style) – Minnesota
• Jack Brass Band (New Orleans Style) – Minnesota
• Klezmerica (Klezmer Band) – Minnesota
• Mariachi mi Tierra Band – Minnesota
• Matterhorn Alphorns – Minnesota
• Minnesota State Band – Minnesota
• The Bavarian Musikmeisters – Minnesota
• WindWorks Quintet – Minnesota
• Swing and a Miss – Minnesota
The Vintage Band Festival 2013 is a non-partisan, non-profit community organization.
For the complete schedule and bios, visit www. vintagebandfestival.org.