Vintage Band Festival 2013
4 Days. 30 Bands. 100 Concerts.
The Vintage Band Music Festival is an exciting 4-day international music event, celebrating the music and the instruments of past eras. The VBF is held in Northfield, Minnesota, the historic, charming river town known for its colleges, art, pubs, restaurants, and music.
- The performances take place in many outdoor locations all around Northfield. Sites include Bridge Square, Way Park, Odd Fellows Park, Northfield Retirement Center, Riverside Park, Veterans’ Memorial Park, Central Park, restaurants and more, in addition to satellite concert sites in surrounding communities. In case of inclement weather, alternate indoor sites will be announced.
- Many attendees bring a bicycle and a folding chair. This is the best way to get around to the concert sites. A sun umbrella is also useful.
- Some of the bands are dressed in 19th Century clothing and some festival goers do the same. http://vintagebandfestival.org/festival/costumes/
- Northfield has fantastic food available from the numerous restaurants and coffee shops. Most of the pubs and restaurants will have live vintage band music in the evenings.
- Stay at hotels, motels, and B&Bs in Northfield and nearby communities. http://vintagebandfestival.org/festival/travel-info
- Dancing! There will be a Vintage Dance at the Northfield Armory on Saturday night.
- Vaudeville! An evening of slapstick, pet tricks, silent movies with the North Star Cinema Orchestra.
- Festival events are presented free of charge. Festival goers, however, are strongly encouraged to make donations to help us with expenses. In exchange, they receive an official cloisonné designer pin, access to the dance and vaudeville show, and our gratitude.
VBF on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/downtownnorthfieldmn
VBF on Twitter: @vintagebandfest
Travel Accommodations: http://vintagebandfestival.org/festival/general/ and
Photos and video links, go to http://vintagebandfestival.org/2010-afterglow/photography-and-videography/
Images available upon request.
The Vintage Band Festival 2013 is a non-partisan, non-profit community organization. For more information, go to www.vintagebandfestival.org.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Southeastern Minnesota Arts Council thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts & cultural heritage fund.
This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund and by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts.